Club Impedimenta

Announcement Date: 2nd March 1896

In 1896 the camaraderie and general bonhomie of Club dinners were undoubtedly enhanced by the acquisition of two pieces of impedimenta – a Loving Cup and a ballot box.

On 2nd March a ‘2 handle Irish silver cup and pedestal’ was purchased from Messrs Chapple & Mantell, 32 Strand, WC, for £15 plus 25 shillings for engraving and a further 30 shillings for a morocco leather case in which to put it.

On an unrecorded date some time after the 26th of June a ballot box polished oak costing 15 shillings was obtained from Messrs George Kenning & Son, 1-4 Little Britain, EC, ‘manufacturers of jewels, clothing, distinctive banners and every requisite for all degrees in Freemasonry, and insignia for all societies.’